Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Introduction

I figured I'd introduce myself for my first post. Metal Matt found me on Last.fm, and I'm looking to help out make this an awesome blog.

I'm a rabid music fan and spend a ridiculous amount of time searching for and collecting underground music. I love metal, but I also listen to a lot of ambient, rock, electronic and folk... as should any real music fan I'll never dismiss anything in any genre without a listen first - you never know what hidden gems you can find in any genre!

In metal I listen to pretty much everything I can get my hands on, although I tend to stray away from the newer mainstream like modern metalcore and deathcore as they don't really interest me much. Currently I've been listening to a lot of Sludge, but love Black, Death, Doom, Thrash and Grindcore as well.

To finish this up, here are some awesome new releases this year I've been digging so far:
-Absu - S/T
-Blut Aus Nord - Memoria Vetusta II - Dialogue With the Stars
-Buried Inside - Spoils of Failure
-Cattle Decapitation - The Harvest Floor
-Giant Squid - The Icthyologist
-Khanate - Clean Hands go Foul
-Kreator - Hordes of Chaos
-Kylesa - Static Tensions
-Mono - Hymn to the Immortal Wind
-Napalm Death - Time Waits for no Slave
-Obscura - Cosmogenesis
-Tombs - Winter Hours

I'll write up some reviews for a few of these later.

No comments:

Post a Comment